Spouse Visa also is known as a marriage visa, this document allows the spouse of a person, who is permanently residing in a foreign country, to immigrate to that country. This means that the person who is living in the destination country is a local of the nation and has no immigration restrictions whatsoever. You can choose to work or study on the basis of your spouse visa, once it is granted. The time of processing varies from once country to another, therefore it can be 2 to 12 weeks from the date of submission of the application. One can choose to extend their visa by a certain duration, for which an application must be given to the embassy of the home country inside the destination country.
Spouse Visa Requirements
- The local resident and the visiting spouse must be aged 18 years or above.
- The two must have met each other and are legally married.
- Proof of financial stability, to prove that you have enough money to support yourself, and any dependants, without the help of public funds. Some countries have a condition that the sponsoring partner if any, must earn more than a certain amount to make the concerned person eligible.
- Proof of accommodation in the destination country
- Proficiency in the local language