Travelers may sometime require a tourist visa when visiting a foreign country. This is the case when the destination country does not have a visa policy in place with the home country of the traveler. Although there are some countries, like the USA and Canada, where the residents do not require a visa for traveling back and forth between the countries, thanks to visa policies and other agreements. Therefore, the tourist visa is basically for people who are visiting countries solely for recreational and sight-seeing purposes.
Requirements For Tourist Visa
- The application form, completed with correct information and signed by the applicant.
- Valid passport, which must not be older than ten years, and must have a minimum of three months of validity. A few extra blank pages will be useful to affix the visa sticker on the passport.
- Roundtrip reservation or itinerary, which includes information regarding the dates and flight numbers.
- Travel insurance, if any, as a piece of evidence that your health insurance covers medical emergencies when you are staying in a foreign country.
- Proof of accommodation, to prove where you will be staying during your stay in the country. This document can be either a copy of the hotel booking receipt, with complete details, or a rent agreement between you and the landlord who resides in the destination country.
- Proof of financial lucidity, which can be either a bank statement, a sponsorship letter, or a combination of both.
- Evidence of employment status.